Skip to main content

From our family to yours & word for 2014


From our family to yours,
 Merry Christmas!!!

Hope was my word for 2013, and I have been filled with hope, confused about keeping hope, discouraged and re-energized knowing my hope completely rests in Him, that without hope life is very depressing, that hope is such a wellspring for my heart.

For 2014 I'm clinging to
 Joy.
Knowing that in this life with motherhood, and being a wife, and all the emotions that come with foster care that I can do it joyfully. Knowing that as Jessi Connolley said in the "wild mom" class
 "I can't do it all, but I can do what God asks of me, joyfully"
That I have to choose to have joy. 
That joy is all around me, in the goofiness of my husband
In the laughter of my children
In nature
In the prayer from friends & family
That joy can even be found while doing the dishes and scrubbing the toilets.

J.O.Y.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog

Girl Behind the Blog

I'm linking up with the lovely Ashley from  Written On Her Heart  and Mackenzie from  Life of a Pint Sized Mama Oh and my Al man decided he wanted to do a video too Thanks for stopping by!!