Skip to main content

"I'm proud to be a drug baby - my mom drug me to church"

I'm not sure if you follow comedian John Crist on instagram. Mostly funny and often crossing a line that makes many uncomfortable. Some things I personally find funny and the things that make me squirm I just pass on by. I know I tend to feel things more intensely and know my limits. Most of the time. But a recent post I just can't stop thinking about.

The church sign. You may or may not know what I'm talking about. The sign says "I'm proud to be a drug baby - my mom drug me to church"
From my understanding, it's a line from a Lecrae song, although in my short 2 minute googling efforts I could not find said song.

But what got me was all the comments of "my pastor said this" or "my pastor says this"

Your pastor? You? Your mama?

I'm confused. Do they not understand that there are truly drug babies. Babies fighting for their life? Mamas and Dads overdosing. Foster parents holding babies writhing around detoxing.

Please hear me when I say you are not called to make light of this but called to act. Called to bring light to the dark, called to love your neighbors and defend the case of the fatherless. To love the least of these. James 1:27 doesn't change because you're too greedy, too selfish, too busy, too whatever the hell it is you tell yourself.

No, not everyone is called to actually do the fostering or adopting, but you can be a light. And if you're waiting for that pie in the sky calling. Go read your bible. It's already in there. Your Father already told you.


///////

You're free to say I'm being too sensitive, or that I need to lighten up.
I'm an enneagram four I have no desire to care less or to not feel things deeply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!! Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.  - - - - - - - - -  Three Things About Myself: 1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday. 2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in.  Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jerem

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog