Skip to main content

Not double trouble but double BLESSED!!!

{These are in no order}



In Arizona by the pool

Also in Arizona - they are so loving towards each other

Mean Muggin

Christmas 2010

Halloween in Arizona - dressed up for Preschool

Christmas jammies 2010

Valentines Day in Arizona 2009

Fall 2011

Visiting family in Ohio

Our first Christmas in Arizona - it was hard not flying back to Ohio but my fil did come to visit us

Easter 2011

They loved sleeping together

First picture together

Late winter 2007

32 week belly

Christmas 2006

6 months old

They love playing together

Easter in Arizona 2009


Christmas 2007



Thanksgiving 2007








Playing in Nini's drawers - the only rule at Nini's is "You can't get hurt"

Family Reunion

Sea World in California

They love books!





When they went through this phase of "our restaurant"



Trip from Ohio to Arizona








We love our Buckeyes!



On a nature walk

Olivia, Alex and Addison 4th of July 2011



5th birthday

When they asked - yes they asked to scrub the bathroom floors

Family Reunion 2012

First trip to King's Island 2011







Finally we have our first home!!! No more renting :)

Christmas 2011




Moving back to Ohio from Arizona
August 2010


4th of July 2012

At the Grand Canyon

They are so good to their little sister

Ren Festival 2010

"Can we dance now?!!!"

Their relationship in a nutshell!



July 23rd 2006.
I woke up at 7am and went to the bathroom. I felt I went a lot. Stood up and the rest came out -- my water broke!!!! I screamed to Douglas that my water broke and he was so excited he literally fell out of the bed. We then grabbed our things and headed to the hospital. They didn't believe me when I said my water broke and then checked. After it was confirmed my water broke I was then moved into the next room. I told the nurse I was going to be doing this vaginally and she said ok. Not too long later she came back and said the doctor would not do it vaginally and I would have to have a c-section because I was pregnant with twins. I told her my ob said I could deliver them naturally because they were in position. I didn't know I could fight it. {Medically uneducated 20 year old} After about an hour they finally gave me some demerol to help with the pain. Around 10:00am I was wheeled into the surgery room and given 2 spinals. At 10:38am Olivia Katelynn was born and was as quiet as can be. I started asking what was wrong because she wasn't crying. I was quickly re-assured by the nurse that she was fine. Took a bit of messing with her before she cried. She weighed 5 pounds 15 ounces and was 18 inches long. She was jaundice so she stayed under the light most of the time we were at the hospital. Alex was pulled out at 10:39am screaming his head off. He weighed 5 pounds 9 ounces and was 19 inches long - the last time he was taller than his sister. I remember seeing Alex before he was taken away to the nursery but not Olivia. I was then taken to the recovery room where I begged and begged the nurse to let me see my babies. She wouldn't. I had to wait over an hour before seeing them. Once I saw them I wanted to nurse right away. I was told I had to wait for the lactation consultant because apparently first time moms know nothing about breastfeeding and can't figure it out. So I waited. As they had already given my babies formula when I said no to it. Finally the LC showed up, miserable lady she was, and I proved her and all the nurses wrong and that I could get my babies to latch right away. And they did. They nursed well. I was reminded that I had two babies and they would have to be supplemented, so from the very beginning the road started out difficult. Eventually the nursing stopped because I was in so much pain. {5 years later finding out with nursing I suffered with IGT and vasospasms}

I learned a lot from their hospital experience. I learned to become educated and I learned that pregnancy and delivery is not always perfect, is it ever? Neither time was for me. 

I can't believe it's been 6 years. I can happily say I have enjoyed it. Douglas and I feel spoiled that God choose US to be blessed with them!! We feel like with twins we have something special that most people never get to experience. Their relationship is the most amazing relationship I've ever witnessed.
































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!! Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.  - - - - - - - - -  Three Things About Myself: 1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday. 2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in.  Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jerem

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog