Skip to main content

20 Chore Tuesday

I was again excited for #20choretuesday.
I'm not so excited about some things that got accomplished and now that it's 9:00pm it looks like it was never touched.

But here's my list for today:
Clean kitchen
Sweep kitchen
Mop kitchen
Dishes {several times}
Fridge
Clean 1/2 bathroom
Clean and re-organize my "junk" drawers <<--- AAAHHH that felt good to finally get done!
Sweep front entry
Mop entry way
Vacuum stairs
Clean laundry room
Mop laundry room floor
Clean sliding door - dirtiest window in our house
Wash coffee pot
Wash, dry and put away Olivia and Addison's clothes
Wash, dry and put away Alex's clothes
Clean office area - This was last on my list so not my best job but done
Delete unneeded contacts on my phone
Devotions
Take trash to the curb

My morning started out again early. Woke I'm guessing around 5:30 {again} tried to fall back asleep but failed so I got up around 6:00am. I came down stairs and made homemade apple cinnamon muffins. It's a good thing kitchen was on my list because it was a mess after making the muffins.


I just prayed and hoped my kids liked them. And boy did they! Addison ate 2 1/2 muffins. Alex and Olivia ate 2. Alex said I should make more and send them with him to school. That's big! I was so happy they liked them so much!!


I don't know if Addison has ever been this happy in the morning. It was very delightful to start the morning with her so happy and all of them with warm and happy bellies.

After I started right on my list working in the kitchen. Then I stopped for a bit to do some devotions. Usually I'm doing the #shereadstruth but I am bad and don't always read the emails and missed the memo that we were resting on Sundays which means I was ahead. So today I decided to listen to one of my favorite pastors, Francis Chan. There's just something about him. How he uses scripture to punch you in the face. And he has such a gentle way about him, he is definitely blessed!!!!


Then my friend Cassie and her lil cutie came over. So like I've been trying to learn I sat. And I talked. I tried not to clean. I realized when people come over I have this tendency to be Martha and not Mary. I'm working on it. 

After they left I hit the list hard again.
That was until some more emotional turmoil happened.
And then peanut m&ms with chips sounded like the cure, of course accompanied with some coffee.

I finally did finish. 

I was very very very happy to get those junk drawers taken care of. I have two of them, on the island. 

I'm tired. I'm accomplished. 
I got it done. 
And will do it again next Tuesday! 
How did you ladies do?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!! Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.  - - - - - - - - -  Three Things About Myself: 1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday. 2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in.  Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jerem

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog