Skip to main content

Meeting of the teachers

Today we went to Babeck to meet the teachers.
First we met Alex's teacher, Ms Faris.
She's an older teacher, sweet lady.
After meeting her I'm thinking she will be great for Alex.
She knows all the tricks, nothing will surprise her.
And she will not let Alex say
"I can't do this" in his highly exaggerated voice.
Alex was bummed at first because he didn't think any of his football friends were in his class
but thankfully there is one.

Then we went upstairs to Olivia's class.
I said separate and separate they did.
Olivia's teacher is Ms. Nickell.
Very bubbly woman.
Again I was thinking perfect for Olivia.
God obviously knows what He's doing -- again Katie, TRUST in God's plan.
There is also a student teacher in Olivia's classroom, as sweet as can be.
She reminds me of Kristen.
There are also a lot of twins in her class.
There are a set of twin girls who are not separated also a boy {football player} that is separated from his twin brother.
She also knows another boy in there, because he lives right near us and they play with him often.

Then we headed down to talk to transportation.
I imagined meeting some grumpy old man.
No, a sweet lady full of laughter.
The kid's will get on the bus at the corner, we're the second house from the corner, so I'm happy with it.
The bus will pick them up around 8:10.
Oh Olivia, is not going to like this.
She usually doesn't wake up till 8:30 or 9:00.
Adjustment for her.

All in all I left the school in joy.
It hit me again
God has this all planned
And HIS plans are so much better than mine.
His ways are greater.

Back when we were deciding between Private christian and school and public school I was driving myself nuts.
Once Doug and I received the answer to send them to public school
I had peace.
Like really peace.
I was no longer frustrated with the decision.
I was no longer worrying how sending my children to public school would destroy them.
No, instead I felt complete peace.
And the whisper it's YOUR job to teach them about ME not the schools.

I'm excited for their kindergarten year.
I'm excited that this time {we tried last year, they just weren't ready} they are actually ready.
They are excited, both of them, not just Alex.

My babies are growing up.
I'm just wanting to soak it all in because it's already gone by so quickly.

From this to this



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!! Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.  - - - - - - - - -  Three Things About Myself: 1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday. 2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in.  Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jerem

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog