Skip to main content

To Have A Servants Heart

This morning after doing my devotionals I prayed hard for a servants heart because today was the first day with both nephews, whom I love dearly and would do anything for them but adding two more lil guys is no easy task.
I love to help.
Love it.
But I know when I need God's strength above all that I have to offer.




After before lil Landon got here I flipped this. My thought was oh how I love this verse. Always such a wonderful reminder when I am pressed beyond all reason. When I am struggling with living. When things just are too much.
For today it was just a nice reminder that God gives me rest.
What I didn't realize is that God was not just reminding me of this promise but
preparing me for the day.
I have a little cold, nothing terrible. Sore throat, headache and tiredness.
So nothing that can't be handled with normal activity.


Oh such sweetness. 
This quiet sweetness didn't last all day and I was really really really hoping to end the day as 
Super Auntie.
Except that did not happen.


See that
on his forehead.
That big goose egg.
Well there goes my shiny gold plated award for Super Auntie.
I was going into the kitchen and he was running after me
and our big bad table attacked him.
Poor guy.
It was so big.

And.... 

 I had to fight off the thoughts satan was feeding me
"Look at you screw up"
"See I knew you couldn't handle this"
"You're a terrible aunt"

But what helped fight those feelings....sweet little cuddles from him and the sweetness of grace from his momma. Without those I probably would have fed into those lies.

Not long later he was running around playing and being all boy as he was before.

All in all I got lots of more baby boy snuggles, realized the grace and promise that God will strengthen me when I'm weak. 

All day I kept reminding myself of the verse from this morning, and all day I had the strength.

I could not being any happier, getting to spend all this extra time with my nephews loving on them!!!!

I may not be Super Auntie 
But I am Auntie Katie and they will both know without a doubt how much they are loved by me. 

{{And side note....being brought the best tasting tea ever definitely helped the day}}







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!! Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.  - - - - - - - - -  Three Things About Myself: 1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday. 2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in.  Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jerem

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog