Skip to main content

Our little trip away



Last week my husband told me I would be receiving 3 surprises.
#1 Iphone
#2 Case for Iphone
#3.....

I waited.
And then on Saturday Doug let me know we would be taking a trip {because I get a little...ok A LOT stressed way too easily so he had to warn me or I probably would have had a complete meltdown, not something I'm proud about myself, but it is true}
Sunday my sweet friend, Cassie, took me to to the mall to find a dress. And find a dress I did find.
So I started preparing and the dryer went kaput.
So Sunday night was spent at the laundromat.


It didn't take me too long because when I got there it wasn't too busy. But dang those washers are teeny tiny. So $20 later a dent in the laundry was accomplished.
Then Monday morning I tried to get some cleaning done, the packing finished and look like a normal human being going on a date with the love of my life.


Makeup. Hair. Hot dress.
I still had no idea where we were headed. I had an idea of the hotel.
But not dinner.


Almost there.
I actually knew which direction we were headed.
I knew we weren't heading to Columbus and figured out we were heading west.
So we must be going to Indiana.
Indianapolis to be exact.


This is us in the most cozy, romantic spot for dinner.
We were in this little secluded table.

At....The Melting Pot!

We've never been there.
And yummy it was!!!


We had such a wonderful evening. 
And the dessert....oh my word -- that place is a sweet lovers heaven!!

Then the hotel.
Ok it's not called Couple's heaven - but that's exactly what it is!


Seriously this pool was in the room. 
Just for US.
There was also a steam room, amazing tub with jets.


It was an amazing time!
Amazing room.
And much needed getaway for us.
We never celebrate our anniversary.
When your twins birthday is the day after your anniversary, the anniversary kinda gets pushed under the table in order to celebrate them! And we're happy to do so.
So we decided this trip was like celebrating our anniversary. 
Happy 7 1/2 years ;)


And the next morning...
No words needed, we're all adults here.

------------

Once we left, and we left a little over an hour before check out because hotel coffee is just terrible, and I was needing coffee. We stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and a coffee fill up! 

- - - - - 

And a HUGE thank you goes out to Cassie, Matt, Nini & Sierra for all pitching in to help make this little getaway possible for us















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!! Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.  - - - - - - - - -  Three Things About Myself: 1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday. 2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in.  Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jerem

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog