Skip to main content

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!!
Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.
 - - - - - - - - - 

Three Things About Myself:

1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday.

2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in. 
Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jeremy Camp, Pitch Perfect, All Sons & Daughters, Phillip Phillips and Mumford & Sons

[sidenote I'm an ok dancer but a terrible singer]

3. My gift is encouragement.
I am in the process of learning more about this gift. But I do know I love to encourage others, specifically mothers. Young mothers. Mothers of twins. Mothers who stay at home. Mothers who feel overwhelmed. Mothers who work. Mothers. I just like to encourage the mommas. Eventually I hope to use my voice on my blog more for doing just that. 


One Thing I've Learned On The Influence Network

Writing in my seasons.
This is huge. Writing in the season. That it's ok to rejoice and to hurt and to feel. To write. Just write. To try to bring more glory to Jesus and allow grace to show. That it's ok to let down my guard and share my weaknesses and struggles. That I'm not suppose to do this life alone. How important community is IRL and on the internet. 


One Photo That You Love Of Yourself


Bam. This was from a few years ago. I worked at an awesome salon in Scottsdale, Arizona.  Look at those brows, you're slightly jealous aren't you?! hehe. I had recently lost 65 pounds in this picture and this is what I'm working back to and then some. I think this picture shows the confidence I had and am working towards again....but this time my confidence is not growing on how others say I look but what God says about me. Who I am.

I am Katie. And that is  quite enough. 









Comments

  1. #1 I could eat mexican food every. single. day.
    #2 I also have a passion for music with no talent for it whatsoever
    #3 you are extreamly encouraging and to be truthful I kind of view you like an answer to a prayer I sent to God asking Him if blogging was worth it. You began encouraging me and I heard His answer in your comments, so THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol girl, I mandate we have tacos if we get to meet at Influence! With Amber too, obviously^^^ I become a gluttonous little princess when the tacos come out!

    And yes, you are quite an encourager. I'm blessed that we met and I have the opportunity to grow and serve alongside you :)

    Love that pic, too. I am seriously coveting those brows! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be fun!!! So blessed to know both you & Amber. You two both bless me so much!

      Delete
  3. I love All Sons & Daughters! They make beautiful music.
    Nice to meet you Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie! I love that you are an encourager. And I really just love you! You hold such a special place in my heart. Can't wait to meet you sometime and give you a big hug!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so uplifting and God has given you a gift to know exactly what to say when people need it. I can't wait to give YOU a hug!

      Delete
  5. hi katie! i love tacos too. can eat at least four or five at a seating. i would suggest using lettuce instead of tortillas but that might just be offensive to a taco lover, i don't know. ;)
    love that your gift is encouragement. so many people daily need words of encouragement and rarely receive it. may God use your words tremendously for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been replacing the shells with romaine lettuce, instead of beef we use chicken and instead of sour cream we use greek yogurt.

      Delete
  6. I love Kari Jobe too. So much passion in her songs! And yes to taco night. I'm a huge Mexican foodie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GIRL!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you linked up and I want to scold you for almost not, but since you did, I'll hold off! :)
    I have so many thoughts after reading this so I'll list em:
    1. You're beautiful. NOW and always.
    2. You encourage me all the time. Seriously. You've blessed my internet life richly. I'm pretty sure I forgot to thank you for the card you sent me, so THANKS! It was a bright spot in my day when I got it.
    3. Kari Jobe. Okay, we're meant to be friends. I'd listen to her all day if I could. Well, her and Katy Perry. They're tied for favourite. My friends mock me for how much I love me some Katy. I probably should have added that to my list on my blog.
    4. I'm so proud of you. For so many things that I won't even tell you what.
    5. Taco. Yes. I'm more of a burrito girl myself, simply because I like soft shell more than hard. Or I like taco salad. You could try that. I do lettuce, meat, cheese, peppers, (MORE MEAT), and salsa. I skip the dressing because the salsa is enough (and salsa isn't bad for you). Thoughts?
    6. I just love ya. SOOOOO much.
    7. So much love that I'm repeating it. I love ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bless me so much Nadine, I still remember when I started following you on twitter because I kept seeing tweets about you and was like "who is this Nadine girl?" I am so glad for all those tweets! Well, we have one difference I am not a huge fan of Katy Perry, mostly because my husband is ;) hehe!

      I don't think you know how much your words mean to me.

      Delete
  8. I am so glad you linked up. Girl we are made to be bff's taco night. Like only my favorite so much that we had a taco bar at our wedding. Bam. And as for your #3 send it my way girl. These kids are pushing my every limit and I am trying so hard not to freak out on them. Say an extra prayer for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is awesome! Girl, I'd love to encourage you as much as I can-- Kids are TOUGH!

      Delete
  9. I love music & dancing! When I lived alone I used to play music and just dance around my living room. And clearly I have no shame because I just admitted that on the internet! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're beautiful inside and our girl! I'm so excited you get to go to the conference. PS I love your little unfading grace button, I'll have to grab it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if you follow this blog, but I thought you would totally love it!

      http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.com

      Delete
  11. Hi Kaite. Can I come to Taco Night? Anytime Mexican is served I am there. Bam. Loved getting to know a little bit more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Katie, nice to meet you! I love taco night at our house. I could eat them on end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many taco lovers! They are just delicious :) Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  13. oh girl. tacos are my love language. we do tacos at least one night a week, often more. chicken, beef, I've even been looking at maybe doing a pork taco -- maybe with thai kind of toppings? yeah I just want to wrap it in a tortilla + call it a taco. with sour cream. oh the sour cream.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to meet you. Yes to the tacos, yes to you being beautiful right now, yes to the music! I love that you know you have the gift of encouragement and I love that you have a heart for moms. There are so many moms who need it because it is the hardest job on earth. The best, the most rewarding, but dang, it is hard. Thanks for visiting my blog and I'm looking forward to getting to know you more on the network.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tacos may be my favorite food ever. Could eat them every single day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog