Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Non Marriage Expert

About a month or two ago I had a melt down that resulted in me crying to my husband about how I suck at this Christian women thing and that I should give up.

And then last week I yelled at a family member that resulted in huge guilt and me feeling like I will never change. I will always be a huge work in progress never making progress.

Over the past 2 months or so I have thought I don't think people, my friends, in the blogging world would still love me if they saw the real me. If they knew how often I screw up.

But this.....

But He said to me, "My  grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness"


I feel like every time I grasp that verse it flips my life, the way I view everything, upside down.

And so here I am.
Feeling this pull on my heart to not shy away from my struggles. To not just share about the pains in my past, my current pains & the victories HE sees me through.

So here's my real life Katie version on marriage.


Like I said I'm no expert. And this is just a few things.

I would say being a wife is where I struggle most.  But since actually giving God these hard parts He is working.


I would love to hear your yes do and no don't do this tips.



4 comments:

  1. Alright first of all what you said about running to your husband wanting to give up on the whole Christian woman thing? I have done that more times than I'd care to admit in the last month.

    Minus the husband part, haha. I either cry to myself or end up texting my mentor ridiculously long text messages, lol.

    I love this honest advice, though! Can't wait to chime in with some of my own one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough some days and so easy to get caught up in this picture of who we are supposed to be.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love totally loved this. I struggle with shutting down. I'm so not a fighter, I flight. I close people off from my emotions and feelings and just run. My top tips: be honest, have fun, and be spontaneous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle with the spontaneous thing. So bad.

      Delete