Skip to main content

Why I've been stalling......



FEAR.
I am scared. There is no way around that truth.
I don't regret saying yes to allowing God to work on my heart.
Or leading us to this place.
But I am scared. So scared that for the month of April I didn't think about it too much. Instead I put all my focus, all my thought, into working out and eating healthy. Not that focusing on that is wrong but it is wrong that I have been trying to hide. To hide away from God. Hide from the plan He has laid out. 
I always know when I'm hiding or running or refusing when my heart feels heavy and my relationship with Jesus just feels off. 

It scares me to think of that first call.
And the first placement.
And the first biological parent visit.
And the first time we have to say good bye.

I pray for our hearts.
For Olivia, Alex & Addison's hearts.
I pray for the hearts of the children that will enter our home & for their parents.

I know in my head His plans far outweigh my fears. I know that He has me in the palm of His hand....

But I also know...
"Katie, you are about to enter a storm but keep your eyes focused on me"

So while I have been stalling I know where we're headed. And even though I am scared, I will keep my eyes on Him.

Although the Lords gives you the bread of adversity & the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them whether you turn to the right or the left you will hear a voice behind you saying,
"THIS IS THE WAY, WALK IN IT"
Isaiah 30:20-21







Comments

  1. We at four months in and while I will be honest and say that I barely have enough patience at times, it has been a blessing thus far. You'll be great. Just take that leap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for your journey and this new season you are about to embark on. God is going to have so much in store for you, and He will strengthen you and your family through it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing your journey. my husband and i have always had a heart for adoption. we have three little ones and as time passes we feel more and more the pull towards foster care. my prayers are with you on this journey! so glad i get to peek in along the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!! Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.  - - - - - - - - -  Three Things About Myself: 1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday. 2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in.  Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jerem

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog