Skip to main content

I gave a weak answer

I'm sitting in a room with my husband and two other couples. Not just couples, but our friends we sit with every Sunday at church. We finally started a small group. These women are the type of women I want to surround myself with. They love Jesus, they love their kids, they are peaceful & gentle. They have their messy stories.


"Give one high & one low from your week"
Ok I can do this.
Wait.
There's a lot of lows.
Like I could share about the meltdown I had in my closet before coming where I cried out to Jesus asking Him to bring me home because I'm just no good at this wifey/mommy/foster mom/every one else I try to be thing.
Or maybe how I fake yelled outside (I live in the suburbs, I for real yell and people will wonder) the other day because I had it with disrespect from children and I was sick of having to parent.
Or how I struggle daily with being a joyful mom.

Ok, I'll just let everyone else answer first.
Husband just said his high was something about me, me. Oh gosh, yep, I easily forget how much he really does love me.

Then it's my time.
Be real. No they don't want your real. You need to be real.

"My low was my emotions are all over the place (really Katie, everyones emotions are all over the place) and my high is all the kids are alive (really that's the best you can give?)
----> cue laughter

I have a few feelings with how I answered
1) Sometimes for me I handle situations with trying to add laughter.
2) We just started this small group. These are a wonderful group of people. But I don't want to be that needy person. The one who is always a mess. That person.
3) Is it so terrible to show that I am needy. Needy for God, needy for prayer, needy for deep connection.

Being raw is tough.
I love and crave deep conversations & we got into it.
But going to that next step, deeper, more real.
Whoosh. Are people really ready for that?
Can relationships really grow without it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!! Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.  - - - - - - - - -  Three Things About Myself: 1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday. 2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in.  Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jerem

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog