Skip to main content

That Nutcracker Globe

Last week I decided it was finally time to start going through all the boxes in the basement and throughly organizing everything, you know since we've been here since May and I avoided said boxes all summer. Fall cleaning, like spring cleaning, but in my favorite season ;) I decided Thursday would be the day. I woke up feeling more sick than yesterday and less motivated but I did it anyway. Started. It's going to take me a longgggg time to finish. And yes I did need all those extra gs. 

While going through a box I found this


This may just look like a silly nutcracker globe with plenty of glitter but to me it holds such a special place in my heart. For me growing up was not easy. Many many many people had/have it way harder than I did, yet, it was a childhood unnecessary for any child. This one year in particular I became very interested in the Nutcracker. I have always loved ballet and really wanted to see The Nutcracker ballet, but it was all in dreams. I knew there was no way I would see it that year and still to this day have yet to see it. I talked about how much I wanted a nutcracker doll. Little did I know my dad, whom I only saw twice a year {divorce sucks}, was listening to me, he was actually listening to me. For Christmas I received this globe. I loved it. It meant so much to me that the dad who choose to be states away from me, always gone, someone I rarely knew was actually listening to me. That Christmas opening that box, thinking "maybe he does love me".  Not long after receiving this beautiful gift it was broken in a state of fury caused by that terrible man my mom was married to the second time. While trying to go after my brother for the millionth time he knocked this off a table in my room and it broke. I remember watching it fall not being able to catch it in time. Seeing the glass fly everywhere. It felt like my life up to that point. Shattered. In pieces. And no apologies. 

I kept hold of this. It reminded me of the devastation caused by that awful person that my mother allowed to torment our lives for way too long. 

Shortly after Doug and I got married my globe went missing. I thought it was gone forever. I cried. 

This little globe was missing. But my husband knew where it was. He sent it to a guy in Florida to fix it for me. Him doing that meant, and still does, so much to me. Those are the little-big things that make love worth all the difficult times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!! Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.  - - - - - - - - -  Three Things About Myself: 1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday. 2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in.  Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jerem

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog