Skip to main content

Motherhood + Friendship

Ewww..
Gross topic, huh? You feel me?
Enter into motherhood = enter into a season or seasons of tough times in the world of friendship.

My journey is not fun.
When I got pregnant I basically became an alien to ignore.
Once I had the twins I was "too busy" to make time for friends & in a way it's so true. I didn't have time or energy for drama and being the one to give give give.

That terrible thinking I carried around for a long time. I eventually started trying. The trying too hard to be just left with a bruised heart. 

And then she came. We had friends that moved in with us between their apartment lease & moving into their first house. I was at a point where I finally gave up. (My husband makes friends so easily and just seems to be awesome at actually keeping up with friends. I mean, he still talks to people from college. Me however always just seems to be not needed and then left out in the cold, obviously figuratively, as I have a warm home.) Fortunately for me GOD HAD BIGGER PLANS and this friend literally taught me what it means to be a friend. I have a way of lying. Yep, I lie. I have always struggled and still struggle with being honest with my feelings. And I don't know if she has special powers & just more proof of how God works in miraculous ways but she didn't let me lie & made me talk. 

That was it. That was the change in my heart. Having someone who wouldn't settle with my little lie of "I'm fine." 

That's when God really started getting to work in my heart with how friendship works. That just like marriage, it's work. But it's a beautiful work. I can say in the last year my friendship circle has blossomed. (Thank you internet, you are real!) He is still working this all out in me. I have a long way to go, but I'm going. 

I'm learning that having one best friend is not God's best for me. I'm learning that as an adult friends don't mean people the exact age as I am. I'm learning, the older I get, the more I want to be surrounded by women who speak life, who can pray for me and I can pray for them, who encourage, who aren't afraid to talk about struggles, that together as women of this world we can support & grow together.

- - - 

Do you struggle with friendships as a mother? 
What advice would you give me? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence Link Up

Hello if you don't know me I'm Katie I {obviously} blog here and you can find my instagram & twitter ---> Two things in my bag: 1. My cute little notebooks I found at Target and a variety of pens. I love pens. No seriously, you should see my pen + sharpie box.  2. My phone. I am a HUGE picture taker. I love taking pictures and using all the fun picture apps and posting pictures. If you love taking pictures come find me, we can have some instagram fun!!!  Two things I'm looking forward to: 1. Hugs & coffee with friends. Friends I've never technically met. Friends that I will never forget, that will be hard to leave, that just get me. 2. Learning. Learning more about who I am. About the amazing way God created me as a woman. Learning from all these wise women that live with realness and grace. Being filled with His word. See you in 2-ish weeks!!!

The Influential Women Link Up

Today is the Influential Women Blog Link up. If you are a part of the Influence Network -- get on it!!! Honestly at first I didn't think I would link up, me, influential?! I don't think so. But I am. God uses me daily and will continue to use me.  - - - - - - - - -  Three Things About Myself: 1. I love Taco Night. If you already know me personally you would know this about me. But seriously I love it! And let me tell you I can put some tacos back. Our best friends and us have actually started Taco Tuesday so on Tuesdays we make tacos. Now we're just at a point of trying to make it a healthier Taco Tuesday. 2. I love music so much. I love to dance. I love to sing. I love to be surrounded by music. If you stop by my house there's a 95% chance you will hear music being played. I love Pandora because I can just put on whatever station for the mood I'm in.  Current favorite Pandora stations: Kari Jobe (I don't think that'll ever change), Jerem

Girl Behind The Blog

Its link up time Of all the link ups I've been involved with this is my favorite! Melody // Dance Parties In The Rain Rachael // Kincaid Parade Rachel // Finding Joy Come link up with  Ashley  and  Nadine for this month's Girl Behind The Blog